Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

Nuxe Micellar Cleansing Water with Rose Petals / Review


I still don't understand why the entire Gentle Pureness line was discontinued. Effective and gentle, each of it's products were excellent drugstore options. As I've mentioned previously, I do know that cosmetic companies have to stay on top of things in order to remain competitive but when you have products that work and are used and appreciated by so many, why run the risk of losing faithful customers?

In a previous entry, I've said goodbye to one of my favorite products, Nuxe's Gentle Pureness Micellar Cleansing Water with 3 Roses and Green Tea. Replaced by Micellar Cleansing Water with Rose Petals.

So, out goes the old but what about the new?

Nuxe Micellar Cleansing Water with Rose Petals

I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and I must say it took some getting used to. It is different! The first few times I found it, dare I say, irritating. Yikes! Not a good thing. Then I figured it out. A spray of water first, drench a large cotton pad with the micellar water and boom! Works like a charm with no irritation.

Micellar Cleansing Water with Rose Petals
$20.99, 300 ml / 6.7 fl oz

For this I used Avène's Thermal Spring Water because I happened to have some but, any spring water in a spray bottle would do for this. I even tried it with rose water and it was quite nice. Rose water is very soothing and doesn't irritate my eye area in any way. Very affordable, the latest bottle I purchased was under $2.00 for a 300 ml. You can find little spray bottles in any dollar store and in some pharmacies.

How does it compare with Gentle Pureness Micellar Cleansing Water With 3 Roses And Green Tea?

Well, it did take a few uses to get used to it which made is a little disappointing and I could understand this product getting negative reviews down the road. With my water spraying trick, I truly loved it! Without, not so sure I would have continued to use it. Spraying water first, helps dislodge makeup & dirt, especially in the eye area. If you wear mascara, using this micellar water alone may be irritating. This happened to me the first few nights. I had to rinse my eyes with water.

Preventing irritation is number one on my list, not because my skin is sensitive but my eye area is. I believe that if a product is mild enough for sensitive skin and the eye area, well, it's good enough for me. The great advantage of this micellar water just like all the other options out there is that it's a 2-in-1, no need for eye makeup remover. Also, You should not have to swipe over and over again in order to cleanse your skin.

Avène Spring Thermal Water
$16.00, 300 ml

Two large cotton pads should be enough for complete makeup removal. Drench the first one with micellar water and after your water spray, apply to your eye like a compress, press very gently, wait 20 seconds or so and then wipe the makeup off gently. If you wear water proof formulas I'm not sure this would work but for regular makeup, it's gentle and fast, proceed for the other eye. Drench another cotton pad and gently swipe face, neck and don't forget your décolleté area.

For me a 200 ml bottle lasts about 1 1/2 month. Do not be frugal with this otherwise you will not have good results and, again, you may end up irritating your skin.

If you wear a lot of makeup on top of a tenacious sunscreen, then you may want to use another type or cleanser. A carrier oil or a milk cleanser would be more appropriate as a first step in your cleansing routine. It could then be followed by your micellar cleanser to remove any traces of makeup and sunscreen.. I personally like to use it in the morning. It's very fast and convenient when you have to be out the door fast. My morning routine, not including makeup, takes me in average, 3 minutes, tops.

Reviews

Now since this is a fairly new product there are not that many reviews but I was able to find some on Beauté-test. It received a 4 1/2 stars from 33 members. Almost a perfect score which is quite impressive.

Although I do like the new flip cap which is very convenient, I do not like the opaque bottle. Unlike before, it's not possible to see how much product is left in the bottle.

So if like me you enjoy the fragrance of roses, Nuxe Micellar Cleansing Water with Rose Petals is a very good option. It's a good quality product at a fair price.

What a nice way to "stop and smell the roses".


Reviews of other micellar waters I've tried so far can be seen here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...