Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Revlon Colorstay Shadowlinks...

Recently I stumbled upon this display of new mini eye shadows by Revlon. Twenty five new colors sold individually at a great price. I liked the concept and figured why not try a few so I purchased two for $3.29 each.



These aren't even showing on the Revlon website yet and already displays are practically empty. This picture above was taken two weeks ago.


Here are the two I chose, Moss Pearl on the left and Onyx Pearl on the right.


Here's the fun part! They slide into each other so you can create a fun personalized palette.


Pearl Moss is a beautiful yellowish beige with hints of green,
Onyx Pearl a dark grey, almost black with fine silver glitter.


Here is another pitiful attempts at swatches! :( ... You can still get a pretty good idea of both the colors and intensity. They are surprisingly highly pigmented and have no fall out. What you see on the tip of my fingers is one relatively light pass.

How do they perform? Good.

For the price they do real well. I got about 6 hours or wear with no budging over a primer. After that, Black Onyx started to disappear rather quickly leaving only a light trace close to my lash line, next to my eye liner. The silver glitter didn't last long, sadly about 2 to 3 hours. Pearl Moss fared better but after 8 hours or so started to crease lightly.

On someone else they may very well wear longer since I personally don't get much mileage out of either M.A.C and some Clarins, two brands that get a lot of love and perform great for many.

Would I recommend Revlon Colorstay Shadowlinks? Yes.

These are not the most long lasting shadows (on me) but they definitely are worth a second look since I saw several respectable dupes of higher end shadows. If you're not sure about a color, there's a good chance you'll find a similar one in this range to try before making the jump.

Also, you know how sometimes high end palettes will catch your eyes with one color, one that you know you probably wouldn't wear often but are so tempted by? Well in this range you may, as I've mentioned, find a dupe that will either feed or calm your craving

At $3.29 each they truly are a good value and that little Pearl Moss is now my "Grocery Shopping" eye makeup base!

I mean, I still gotta look good on Saturday mornings, no? :)


Do you take breaks from eye makeup on weekends?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...